Crispy Onion Bhaji Recipe
Crispy Onion Bhaji is a delightful and popular Indian snack that’s perfect for a quick snack or appetizer. These deep-fried onion fritters are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a burst of flavors that will leave your taste buds tingling.
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Start by mixing the gram flour, rice flour, cumin seeds, red chili powder, asafoetida, and salt in a bowl.
- Add water gradually to form a thick batter without lumps.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Dip the thinly sliced onions into the batter, making sure they are well coated.
- Drop the coated onions into the hot oil and fry until they turn golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the crispy bhajis from the oil and place them on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot with green chutney or tomato ketchup.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Crispy Onion Bhaji is a classic Indian snack that’s incredibly easy to make and irresistibly tasty. With its crispy exterior and flavorful interior, it’s the perfect accompaniment for tea or as an appetizer for gatherings.
Nutritional information per serving:
Crispy Onion Bhaji is a true crowd-pleaser, loved by people of all ages. The combination of crispy, golden-brown onions with the aromatic spices is simply irresistible. Whether you’re hosting a party or just craving a savory snack, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. Enjoy the deliciousness of homemade Crispy Onion Bhaji, and don’t forget to share it with your friends and family!