Taste of Italy: Classic Spaghetti Carbonara
Picture yourself in the heart of Italy, surrounded by the warm Mediterranean breeze and the aroma of authentic Italian cuisine wafting through the air. That’s the experience you’ll recreate in your kitchen with this classic Spaghetti Carbonara recipe. It’s a true taste of Italy that will transport your taste buds to Rome.
- 8 ounces of spaghetti
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup of grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 4 ounces of pancetta, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Boil the spaghetti in salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and grated Pecorino Romano cheese. Set aside.
- In a pan, cook the diced pancetta until it’s crispy. Add the minced garlic and sauté for a minute.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the pan with pancetta and garlic. Toss to combine.
- Remove the pan from heat and quickly pour the egg and cheese mixture over the pasta. Toss vigorously to create a creamy sauce.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately, and savor the authentic flavors of Italy!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Indulge in the creamy, cheesy goodness of this classic Spaghetti Carbonara recipe, inspired by the streets of Rome.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 450, Fat: 22g, Carbohydrates: 34g, Protein: 28g
Imagine yourself enjoying this exquisite dish on a charming Italian terrace. Every bite of creamy pasta, crispy pancetta, and the richness of Pecorino Romano cheese will transport you to the heart of Italy. This Spaghetti Carbonara recipe captures the essence of Italian cuisine, and you can now bring it to your own table. Whether it’s a special occasion or a weeknight dinner, this classic recipe is sure to delight your family and friends. Buon appetito!