Satisfying Butternut Squash Pasta
Imagine a cozy autumn evening, the air filled with the enticing aroma of roasting butternut squash and a hint of sage. That’s the essence of this Satisfying Butternut Squash Pasta, a delightful blend of flavors that will warm your soul and please your taste buds.
- 1 medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound pasta of your choice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- A handful of fresh sage leaves
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- A sprinkle of nutmeg
- Optional: toasted pine nuts for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Toss the cubed butternut squash with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast for about 30-35 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelized.
- While the squash is roasting, cook the pasta according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sage leaves, cooking until the garlic is golden and the sage is crispy.
- Add the roasted butternut squash to the skillet and gently mash it with a fork or potato masher, creating a creamy sauce. If needed, add a little water or vegetable broth to achieve your desired consistency.
- Toss the cooked pasta into the skillet, coating it with the butternut squash sauce. Season with nutmeg and additional salt and pepper if necessary.
- Serve the pasta in bowls, topped with grated Parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts if desired.
Total time: 45 minutes
Creamy butternut squash sauce coats perfectly cooked pasta, delivering a satisfying and comforting meal that embodies the essence of fall.
Nutritional information (per serving): Calories 450, Fat 18g, Carbs 65g, Protein 12g
Picture yourself indulging in a bowl of this Satisfying Butternut Squash Pasta – the creamy sauce clinging to the pasta, the hint of sage and nutmeg dancing on your taste buds. It’s a delightful symphony of flavors, a taste of autumn that will keep you coming back for more. Whether you’re serving this to guests or enjoying a quiet dinner at home, this pasta will leave a lasting impression, making it a beloved addition to your fall recipe collection.