How to Make Perfect Guacamole
Guacamole is a classic Mexican dip that’s not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make at home. Whether you’re serving it as an appetizer, a side dish, or a topping for your favorite Mexican dishes, this recipe will guide you through creating the perfect guacamole.
- 3 ripe avocados
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Start by cutting the avocados in half and removing the pit. Scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl.
- Add the diced onion, diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro, minced jalapeño pepper, and minced garlic to the bowl with the avocado.
- Drizzle the lime juice over the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a fork or potato masher, gently mash everything together to your desired level of chunkiness.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Cover the guacamole with plastic wrap, pressing it directly onto the surface to prevent oxidation. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
This homemade guacamole recipe is a crowd-pleaser and the perfect addition to your next taco night or gathering. It’s creamy, flavorful, and always a hit!
Nutrition information (per serving): Calories: 160, Fat: 14g, Carbohydrates: 10g, Protein: 2g.
Guacamole is not just a delicious dip; it’s a versatile condiment that can elevate your meals. Whether you’re enjoying it with tortilla chips, using it as a topping for tacos, or spreading it on sandwiches, this guacamole recipe is sure to become a family favorite. So, next time you have ripe avocados on hand, whip up a batch of this perfect guacamole and savor its fresh and vibrant flavors.