Homemade Potato Leek Soup
Create a warm and comforting bowl of Homemade Potato Leek Soup that will fill your kitchen with the rich, earthy aroma of simmering leeks and potatoes. This classic soup is perfect for chilly days and makes a delightful starter or a satisfying main course. Let’s dive into the simple steps to make this heartwarming dish!
- 4 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 leeks, white and light green parts, thinly sliced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Heat the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the sliced leeks and garlic, and sauté until they become soft and fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the diced potatoes and vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Using an immersion blender, carefully puree the soup until smooth. You can also transfer the mixture to a blender in batches and blend until smooth.
- Return the blended soup to the pot and stir in the heavy cream. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle it into bowls, garnish with chopped chives, and serve hot.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Homemade Potato Leek Soup is a creamy and hearty classic that warms the soul. The combination of tender potatoes, aromatic leeks, and a touch of cream creates a velvety soup that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re serving it as a comforting weeknight meal or an elegant appetizer at a dinner party, this recipe is sure to impress.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 320, Total Fat: 18g, Saturated Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 60mg, Sodium: 800mg, Total Carbohydrates: 36g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 6g, Protein: 5g
Create memories around the table with this Homemade Potato Leek Soup recipe. Share the warmth and goodness of this classic dish with your loved ones, and savor the joy it brings to your taste buds and heart.