Homemade Crispy French Fries
Who can resist the allure of perfectly crisp, golden-brown French fries? This homemade recipe will satisfy your craving for that classic fast-food favorite, right from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 4 large potatoes, russet or Yukon Gold
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt, to taste
- Start by scrubbing the potatoes thoroughly to remove any dirt. Peel them if desired.
- Cut the potatoes into evenly-sized matchsticks, about 1/4 inch wide.
- Place the cut potatoes in a bowl of cold water and let them soak for about 30 minutes. This helps remove excess starch, resulting in crispier fries.
- Drain the potatoes and pat them dry with a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer or large, deep saucepan to 325-350°F (165-177°C).
- Carefully add a handful of potatoes to the hot oil, frying them in batches to avoid overcrowding. Fry until they are golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes per batch.
- Remove the fries from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel-lined plate to drain any excess oil.
- Season with salt while they’re still hot and serve immediately.
Prep time: 40 minutes
These homemade crispy French fries are the perfect blend of fluffy potato on the inside and crispy goodness on the outside. Serve them as a side with your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy the taste of comfort.
Nutritional information per serving:
– Calories: 220
– Fat: 10g
– Carbohydrates: 30g
– Protein: 3g
Craft your own crispy French fries and savor the unmatched taste of this timeless classic. Share the joy of homemade goodness with your family and friends, and make every meal a delightful experience!