Homemade Beef and Broccoli
If you’re craving the delicious flavors of Chinese takeout but want to enjoy a homemade meal, you’re in for a treat with our Homemade Beef and Broccoli recipe. This dish combines tender slices of beef with vibrant green broccoli florets in a savory sauce that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds. It’s a quick and easy recipe that’s perfect for busy weeknight dinners or special occasions.
- 1 pound of flank steak, thinly sliced
- 2 cups of fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/4 cup of water
- Cooked rice, for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced flank steak and cook until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Remove the beef from the skillet and set it aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Add the broccoli florets and sauté for about 3-4 minutes until they start to turn bright green.
- Return the cooked beef to the skillet with the broccoli.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Pour the slurry into the skillet with the beef and broccoli.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the beef and broccoli mixture. Stir well and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the ingredients.
- Serve your Homemade Beef and Broccoli hot over a bed of cooked rice. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Homemade Beef and Broccoli is a flavorful and satisfying dish that’s perfect for recreating the takeout experience at home. Tender beef, crisp broccoli, and a savory sauce come together to create a meal your family will love.
Nutritional Information (per serving): Calories: 320, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrates: 22g, Protein: 30g
Make this Homemade Beef and Broccoli recipe a part of your regular dinner rotation. It’s a crowd-pleaser that combines the best of both worlds – the convenience of takeout and the satisfaction of homemade cooking. Plus, you can customize it with your favorite ingredients and adjust the sauce to your preferred level of spiciness. So, gather your ingredients, and let’s get cooking!