Homemade Apple Pie Delight
There’s nothing quite like the warm, comforting aroma of a Homemade Apple Pie Delight wafting through your kitchen. This classic dessert has been a family favorite for generations, and today, we’re sharing our tried-and-true recipe with you.
- 6 cups of thinly sliced, peeled apples
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 9-inch unbaked pie crusts
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sliced apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Toss everything together until the apples are evenly coated.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with one of the pie crusts.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie crust and dot the top with butter.
- Place the second pie crust on top and crimp the edges to seal the pie.
- Using a sharp knife, make a few small slits in the top crust to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool before slicing and serving.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
Homemade Apple Pie Delight is the perfect dessert for any occasion. The combination of sweet, tender apples and warm spices encased in a flaky crust is simply irresistible. Serve it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra special treat.
Nutrition: Calories – 320, Total Fat – 12g, Carbohydrates – 54g, Protein – 2g
Whether it’s a cozy family dinner or a holiday feast, Homemade Apple Pie Delight is sure to be a hit. The blend of flavors and the homemade touch will have everyone asking for seconds. So, roll up your sleeves and get ready to bake a pie that will create lasting memories.