Crispy Baked Falafel Wraps
Create a storytelling style description of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Crispy Baked Falafel Wraps.
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1/2 large onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4-6 tablespoons flour
- Soybean or vegetable oil for frying
- Place dried chickpeas in a bowl and cover with cold water. Allow to soak overnight, then drain. Or use canned chickpeas, rinsed.
- Place drained uncooked chickpeas, and onions in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Add the parsley, cilantro, salt, hot pepper, garlic, and cumin. Process until blended but not pureed.
- Sprinkle in the baking powder and 4 tablespoons of the flour, and pulse. You want to add enough bulgur or flour so that the dough forms a small ball and no longer sticks to your hands. Turn into a bowl and refrigerate, covered, for several hours.
- Form the chickpea mixture into balls about the size of walnuts, or use a falafel scoop, available in Middle-Eastern markets.
- Heat 3 inches of oil to 375 in a deep pot or wok and fry 1 ball to test. If it falls apart, add a little flour. Then fry about six balls at once for a few minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
These Crispy Baked Falafel Wraps are a delightful Middle Eastern dish that’s healthy and easy to make. The crispy baked falafel balls are made from a flavorful mixture of chickpeas, herbs, and spices, and they’re served wrapped in warm pita bread with fresh veggies and a creamy tahini sauce.
Nutrition Information (per serving):
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrates: 52g
- Protein: 13g
- Fat: 8g
- Fiber: 10g
Create a story conclusion of at least 200 to 300 words about the recipe Crispy Baked Falafel Wraps. These Crispy Baked Falafel Wraps are the perfect combination of flavors and textures. The falafel balls are crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, with a delicious blend of spices that give them a Middle Eastern flair. The fresh veggies add a refreshing crunch, and the creamy tahini sauce ties everything together with its rich, nutty flavor.
What makes this recipe even better is that it’s baked, not fried, making it a healthier option without sacrificing any of the deliciousness. The use of chickpeas as the base ingredient not only provides a great source of plant-based protein but also gives the falafel a creamy, hearty texture.
Whether you’re a fan of Middle Eastern cuisine or just looking for a flavorful and satisfying meal, these Crispy Baked Falafel Wraps are sure to become a favorite in your household. They’re perfect for lunch, dinner, or even as a tasty party snack. So, gather your ingredients, follow the easy steps, and enjoy a taste of the Mediterranean in the comfort of your own home!