Creamy Pumpkin Soup for Fall
When the leaves start to turn golden and the air gets a bit crisper, it’s time to indulge in the comforting flavors of fall. Our Creamy Pumpkin Soup is the perfect recipe to welcome the autumn season. This velvety, soul-warming soup is like a cozy hug in a bowl, with the rich, earthy essence of pumpkin, a touch of creaminess, and a hint of warm spices. It’s the embodiment of everything we love about fall, and it’s super easy to make.
- 2 cups of fresh pumpkin puree
- 1 cup of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, sauté the chopped onion and garlic until they turn translucent.
- Add the fresh pumpkin puree and vegetable broth, then bring it to a gentle boil.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the heavy cream and ground nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let the soup cool slightly.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the stove and warm it over low heat before serving.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Our Creamy Pumpkin Soup is the ultimate fall comfort food, featuring the rich flavors of pumpkin and a hint of nutmeg. Perfect for chilly evenings or Thanksgiving gatherings.
Nutrition information: (per serving) Calories: 230, Fat: 12g, Carbohydrates: 28g, Protein: 3g
Welcome the fall season with this delightful Creamy Pumpkin Soup. Its luscious texture and warm spices will make it a family favorite during the crisp autumn evenings. Serve it with a sprinkle of toasted pumpkin seeds and a dollop of sour cream for that extra touch of perfection. Enjoy this delicious soup and savor the essence of fall in every spoonful.