Classic French Croissant Recipe
Classic French Croissants – A Taste of Paris at Home
Are you dreaming of strolling the charming streets of Paris and savoring a warm, flaky croissant at a cozy café? You can bring a slice of Paris to your kitchen with our Classic French Croissant Recipe. With our step-by-step instructions, you’ll master the art of making these buttery delights that are perfect for breakfast or anytime you crave a taste of France.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 packet active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- Mix the yeast with warm milk and let it sit for 5 minutes until it’s foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt.
- Grate the cold butter into the flour mixture and mix until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and mix until a dough forms.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle and fold it in thirds like a letter.
- Repeat the rolling and folding process three times, then chill the dough for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough again and cut it into triangles.
- Roll each triangle into a croissant shape and place them on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Enjoy your homemade Classic French Croissants!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 croissants
Indulge in the flakiest, buttery croissants you’ve ever tasted with our Classic French Croissant Recipe. Perfect for breakfast or a delightful snack.
Nutrition: Serving Size – 1 croissant (Calories: 210, Fat: 15g, Carbohydrates: 15g, Protein: 3g)
Bring the magic of French pastry right to your table. These Classic French Croissants will transport you to the streets of Paris with their heavenly aroma and exquisite taste. Whether you enjoy them plain or with your favorite jam, they’re sure to become a beloved treat in your home. Bon appétit!