Classic Eggs Benedict for Brunch
Classic Eggs Benedict is the quintessential brunch dish, and for good reason. This elegant and flavorful recipe combines perfectly poached eggs with savory Canadian bacon, all crowned with rich and velvety hollandaise sauce. Whether you’re hosting a special occasion or simply indulging in a lazy Sunday morning, Classic Eggs Benedict is a showstopper that will impress your guests and satisfy your cravings.
- 4 large eggs
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- 8 slices of Canadian bacon
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Fill a large saucepan with water and add the white vinegar. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- While the water is heating, toast the English muffins and cook the Canadian bacon in a skillet until lightly browned.
- Once the water is simmering, reduce the heat to low and gently crack each egg into the water, poaching them for about 3 minutes for a perfect runny yolk.
- Remove the poached eggs with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the toasted English muffins on serving plates, top each half with a slice of Canadian bacon, a poached egg, and a generous spoonful of hollandaise sauce.
- Garnish with chopped fresh chives and serve immediately.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Classic Eggs Benedict is a brunch classic that combines perfectly poached eggs, Canadian bacon, and hollandaise sauce for an unforgettable meal.
Nutrition: Calories 380, Fat 20g, Carbs 30g, Protein 18g
Classic Eggs Benedict is a brunch masterpiece that has stood the test of time. Its harmonious blend of flavors and textures is a testament to the beauty of simple yet exceptional ingredients. Whether you’re enjoying it on a leisurely weekend morning or serving it to loved ones, Classic Eggs Benedict will always be a brunch favorite that leaves everyone wanting more. Try making it at home, and you’ll soon discover why it’s a classic for a reason.