Classic Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms
Beef Stroganoff is a beloved classic dish, known for its rich and creamy flavors that meld perfectly with tender strips of beef and earthy mushrooms. This recipe will guide you through creating this comforting and satisfying meal that has been a favorite for generations.
- 1 pound beef sirloin, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced beef and cook until browned. Remove the beef from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chopped onion and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and mushrooms, cooking until the mushrooms are golden brown.
- Sprinkle the flour over the mushroom mixture and stir to combine. Gradually add the beef broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Simmer until the sauce thickens.
- Return the cooked beef to the skillet and stir in the Dijon mustard and sour cream. Cook until the beef is heated through and coated with the sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Beef Stroganoff over cooked egg noodles or rice, garnished with fresh parsley.
Total time: 30 minutes
Classic Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms is a hearty and flavorful dish that’s perfect for a cozy family dinner or entertaining guests. The tender beef, sautéed mushrooms, and creamy sauce come together beautifully to create a timeless favorite.
Nutritional information per serving:
Dive into the flavors of tradition with this Classic Beef Stroganoff with Mushrooms. Whether you’re preparing it for a special occasion or a weeknight meal, its rich taste and creamy texture are sure to leave everyone satisfied. Share this delightful recipe with your loved ones and enjoy a comforting and delicious dining experience.