Authentic Italian Pizza Dough
If you’ve ever dreamt of making pizza like a true Italian pizzaiolo, this Authentic Italian Pizza Dough recipe is your passport to pizza heaven. With a crisp yet tender crust that’s a perfect balance of chewy and airy, this dough will transport your taste buds straight to the streets of Naples.
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110°F/43°C)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dissolve the sugar in warm water and sprinkle yeast over it. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes until foamy.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and olive oil. Mix until a dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface for about 5 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours until doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 475°F (245°C) and place a pizza stone inside if you have one.
- Punch down the dough and roll it out into your desired pizza shape. Add your favorite toppings.
- Transfer the pizza onto the hot pizza stone (or a baking sheet) and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven, slice, and enjoy your authentic Italian pizza!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 pizza
Indulge in the flavors of Italy with this Authentic Italian Pizza Dough recipe. Perfect your pizza-making skills and create a delicious, crispy, and chewy pizza crust that’s the foundation for all your favorite toppings.
Nutrition Information: Calories – 150kcal | Carbohydrates – 25g | Protein – 4g | Fat – 3g | Sodium – 300mg
Whether you’re a seasoned pizzaiolo or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe will have you making restaurant-quality pizza in no time. The dough’s simplicity allows the flavors of your chosen toppings to shine, making every bite a taste of Italy. So, roll up your sleeves, get your apron on, and embark on a culinary journey to create the most authentic Italian pizza you’ve ever tasted. Buon appetito!